Saturday, April 30, 2011

Awesomeness

I am just THAT awesome. I woke up at 7:45 this morning. That's right. On a Saturday. I had a job "try-out" this morning. It was for a life guarding position.
Now to be a life guard, you have to wear a swimming suit. To wear that swimming suit (with pride!) you should have shaved legs and a non-scary-looking bikini line. Guess who, at midnight last night realized this, and didn't have either one of those.
ANYWAY!
Had a job tryout. I swam (sprinted) a 250. Now I know that isnt much, but when you haven't been in the water for as long as I have...Needless to say, I am very proud of myself.
I then went home thinking, "I am going to do some yoga for a cool down/stretch. I wonder if Jessica wants to do it with me?" (Side note: This is Bob's Weight Loss Yoga. Any of you who have watched the Biggest Loser know what a challenge this yoga is. Don't bash if you haven't tried!) So When I walk in I ask Jessica, "Jessica, I just had a pretty fun cardio swim, do you want to do Bob's Weight Loss Yoga with me?"
Jessica's reply: "Actually, I was going to go running. Do you want to come with me?!"
Briana's reply: "Well I am really tired from my swim, and I haven't run in about a month.......How far are you going?"
Jessica's reply: "OH! Less than two miles! I haven't run in a long time either. It will be fun!"
So like the sucker that I am, and I know that Ragnar is coming up, I say alright. I am not sure exactly how far we went (I think about 1 3/4 miles), but it was The Longest Run EVER!
Although. We had.....(dare I say it?) fun. We pushed each other, and talked (Huffed), helped each other with side aches, and finally got home.
Where immediately we started some weight loss yoga. A half hour of extremely shaky arms and legs, and push-ups, and squats, and lunges, and more push-ups!

250 swim. 2 mile run. 30 minutes yoga.

So. I just wanted to say.

I. AM. AWESOME!!!!!!

2 comments:

  1. You ARE awesome! I bet you're sore today. Make sure to get out and go for a good, long walk today!

    Love you, Babe!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I second the motion!!! Too bad we aren't neighbors, I could use someone calling to see if I wanna yoga. :D

    ReplyDelete